The electronic content of modern day vehicles continues to increase. Current data and projections indicate the percentage of electronic features and functions may increase to over 80% in years to come.
Consider the replacement of “traditional” mechanical-hydraulic steering systems and “traditional” mechanical-hydraulic brake systems with complete electronically controlled and actuated systems. Electronic systems are enablers for autonomous vehicles which will become realities as safety and cost issues are engineered to public satisfaction and performance requirements.
Other areas of complex vehicle electronics include body electronics, cabin-zone temperature control, mobile multi-media, and electronic transmissions.
Do you have concerns for automotive decision makers and engineers to consider when producing fully autonomous vehicles for public use?
Today’s highly technological society requires technologists and manufacturers produce products that enhance life styles, conserve natural resources, and address concerns. Reliable and advances in both personal and commercial vehicles are vital to the recovery of global economies. The automotive industry is actively participating in all areas. For example, advance work in areas such as, hybrid and electric vehicles, lithium-ion batteries, active and passive safety, fuel efficiency, and light-weight materials present many challenges and opportunities for technologists and manufacturers.
Starting an engineering services firm in today’s automotive environment could be considered questionable. However launching this enterprise is based on the premise of presenting the OEMs and Suppliers to achieve:
- Greater flexibility relative to level-scheduling development work
- Specific selection of competences and skills-sets as required by the project(s)
- Dedicated partnerships that support greater innovation and profitability for their stakeholders
For the Provectus Engineering Team, we look to achieve:
- Ownership of individual career progression; a downsized auto industry presents some advantages
- Flexibility and exposure to work in broader domain product and technology development projects
- Opportunities to contribute value